Thursday, September 27, 2012

COOKING, CRAFTS AND FREEDOM: A bit on all three!


It's amazing at how many photos we have loaded on our computers. It certainly takes up the most space on my mac! I found some pictures that I wanted to share with you.

This was my first (and only) Wedding Cake order. I was so pleased with it, as were the bride and groom. It was an old fashioned heavy fruit and nut cake..... iced with Almond Fondant and then Royal Icing.


I cheated and bought the edible frangipanis - flowers that were in the bridal bouquet. I did paint the inner section with powdered yellow colouring though. 


It was a huge responsibility...... it made me feel ill that something might go wrong! But lucky for me - it was perfect! Whew!!

******

Next - I wanted to show you some of my ceramic work:

One Christmas - I painted some "personalised dinner sets" for the younger members of my gift list.

I was very happy with the end results.

And the children LOVED them. It made them feel very special.

I couldn't resist doing a set for my good friend Lynn. She has three dogs and my ceramics friend and "teacher" helped with the caricatures of the three dogs. Turned out so cute!!

******

Lastly, my husband and I went away one summer and drove to Melbourne with four other friends in a hire 6 seater vehicle. The main purpose was to "hit the shops" as Melbourne has fabulous outlet shopping - and huge bargains in their "warehouse direct" stores. A crazy idea but we had heaps of fun - and our men folk are fairly OK with indulging we women!!  I took this photo of yet another "BIG" Australian thing....... a little known one which I think is so cute!

The Giant Koala - on the main highway between Adelaide and Melbourne.


2 comments:

  1. OMG! You must have been so proud of that cake. It was gorgeous! And how special are those ceramic sets. You are one very talented lady!

    Love the giant koala!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a woman of many talents! The cake and the ceramic pieces look amazing.

    ReplyDelete