Tuesday, April 30, 2013

COOKING: Almond Macaron with Chocolate Filling


Yes I have got a bit caught up in the whole "Macaron Frenzy" that seems to have splashed over all the reality TV cooking programs and then mesmerised the masses.

I recently got my first cookbook dedicated to this lovely biscuit courtesy of my friend Lynn:



Aren't they PRETTY!


In Australia we have a lovely lady DONNA HAY who is known as a "Food Stylist" but she is also an awesome home cook/chef. She is VERY good at shortcuts to achieve an awesome result.

My brother who has also got a love of food.... bought this when he saw it on special in his supermarket:


It sat in his pantry for months before he gave it to me to make them.... because he thought it all sounded a bit tricky.

So yesterday he came over for dinner with his two mini schnauzers, and I baked them in the afternoon. This is how they turned out:

These appear much more yellow than what they really were..... I had to take the pictures at night without the benefits of natural light - hence the yellow tinge

Donna's

Mine

Almost identical I'd say (minus the colour issue LOL!)

And we can honestly say - really nice and delicious - and much less sugary than others we have tried. 

Well Done Donna !! Another really great product.

But I will be making mine from scratch (stretching my skills) from here on using my cookbook. 

No doubt you will hear all about my attempts. Wish me luck.





2 comments:

  1. I actually LIKE the yellow color. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try your next efforts as knowing your gang there will be none left from this first batch!

    ReplyDelete